Welcome to the Ohio Valley Chapter of the Society of Environmental Toxicology and Chemistry (SETAC)
The Ohio Valley Chapter is a regional chapter of SETAC North America and consists of a group of volunteers dedicated to improving our regional network of scientists, regulators and educators. Founded in 1984, OVC SETAC organizes small regional scientific conferences for us to meet our neighbors and potential collaborators, become familiar with advances in many environmental fields, and give opportunities (and sometimes money!) to students to present their work and meet new mentors.
We have members from Ohio, Kentucky, Indiana, Michigan and West Virginia that are involved with developing workshops and timely discussions of topics of both regional and national interest.
Join us in achieving our goals for 2019 and beyond!
We are continuing to expand our member participation. Key efforts include:
- Hosting an annual meeting
- Encouraging greater involvement in local and regional scientific communities through outreach and volunteer activities
- Garnering more financial support from a sustaining and an affiliate membership drive
Creating forums for relationship building through more frequent information exchange via:
- Use of the web page to facilitate dialogue
- Posting of a quarterly OVC Newsletter
- Emailing to our larger quad-state SETAC North America membership
- Encouraging local gatherings or dinner meetings
Please visit our Facebook & Twitter page for more updates and photos of what’s going on in our group!